Tuesday, March 29, 2011

stressed? take a bath! :D


             People define stress as our body’s reaction to certain events, particularly those where our focus, strength, stamina and heightened alertness are challenged.  We experience stress almost every day in our lives.  At work, we get stressed out meeting deadlines, dealing with obnoxious office mates and horrible working hours. At home, we get stressed out with annoying siblings, household chores, bills, curfews and endless responsibilities we have to deal with. But how do we deal with stress?

                We have different ways to cope up with stress. Some of us go shopping, some go on an eating binge and some go on a vacation. But for me, the best way to deal with stress (and this is tested and proven effective every time, I swear! :D ) is to take a long, hot bath. 

                After a long day of meeting deadlines on school projects, reports and thesis, I look forward to a long hot bath as soon as I get home. I don’t know, but I forget all my troubles every time I’m in the shower. Maybe it’s because I’m in a different world once I’m inside it. It feels like I’m in my own television commercial whenever washing my self with soap; as I let the suds slowly build up on my skin, I flirt to an imaginary camera and smile like a complete idiot. Sometimes I even say something like “Love the skin you’re in” or some overly used line on T.V. 
 
                The bathroom is a haven for people with frustrations in certain aspects of their lives—like singing for example. People who can sing become singers in one way or another and perform to a crowd, but for people like me who can’t sing, well we sing in the shower. And it’s not just ordinary singing people! It’s an eat-your-heart-out-rock star-wannabe-singing that possesses the “bathroom singer” every time he or she is in the shower. I should know because I do this quite often and it helps a lot in stress management. 

                So, how about you guys? How do you cope up with stress? Why not go to the shower and imagine you’re in an Olay body wash commercial while taking a long hot bath the next time you're stressed out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment