Saturday, March 12, 2011

thoughts of you..

I think that the real pain which results from a separation comes from not being able to love them anymore as much as you want to. You still want to be there for them, to witness all the important moments in their lives. Somehow a part of you longs to still be the keeper of their secrets, dreams, heartaches and flaws. 

But it is no longer in your place to do so once a relationship ends.  And so you wonder “Have I loved enough?” And sadly, in life, we learn then that regret lies in the things you DIDN’T do and the things you DIDN’T say.

DID I LOVE? Yes. And my life was meaningful and beautiful for those years. I saw myself as a beautiful person, worthy of love, in the eyes of another.  It was in those years, where two human beings found each other, love each other and accepted each other completely--- wobbly, ugly bits and all. No questions asked.
I am sad that that part of my life is over. And I know that I will cry if I have to

But giving up on love is just not my thing. I will not and refuse to give up on it nor will I be bitter or cynical. Love is eternal.

Life is good, I’ve lived it well, and I love the person I have become from the lessons I’ve learned in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment