Sunday, March 13, 2011

The number four

Four. 4. apat (tagalog), upat (bisaya)

It is a number, a numeral and a glyph. It is the number following three and preceding 5.

IT IS ALSO THE NUMBER OF..
  •  times I have fallen asleep today.
  •  packs of FITA spreadz bacon cracker sandwiches I ate today.
  •  hours I waited for my brother to finish using the PC.
  •  miss-calls from some annoying person.
  •  messages I received on my facebook account.
and....
  • weeks I have been working on my thesis.

Four is a lovely number. It has been my favorite number for as long as I could remember. Maybe it is because I was born on the the fourth day of September or because I am the fourth grandchild of my grandparents from my mother's side or that my mother was already 4 months pregnant with me when she and dad got married.

Hmmmm...fascinating isn't it?

There are other things that I love about the number four and whether you believe it or not, the number four exists almost in any aspect of our lives everyday!

for example,in mathematics, there are the four rules which are: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

and also

THERE ARE:
  • four elements in nature: earth, air, water and fire.
  • four seasons: winter, spring, summer and fall.
  • four parts of the day: night, morning, afternoon and evening.
  • four cardinal directions: north,south, east, and west.
  • four Evangelists: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
  • The Fantastic four! (LOL): Mr. Fantastic, The Invisible Woman, The Human Torch, and The Thing
  • The beatles! (yeah! also known as the "Fab Four"): John, Ringo, George and Paul 
Hmmm...so many lovely things about the number four ^_^ how about you? What is your favorite number and what is so unique about that particular number? :D

------------------------------------------------moving along....



I got so pissed off at my brother today. I was so looking forward to eating menudo tonight since I was literally very very hungry but instead of "delicious" menudo....he cooked bland and soup-y menudo which is for me, not even fit for human consumption. 
What the &^$$#@?? 

MENUDO is not SOUP!!! deymn!!!  I lost appetite and went on eating Fita spreadz crackers instead... nuff said... :|

P.S 

this is what MENUDO should look like ---> yum!

2 comments:

  1. If am not mistaken, 4 is the unluckiest number in korea, coz it sounds death dw in korean lol :D hehe piz :e

    but galing moi ah, how did you manage to think of those situations na laging connected ang four? haha..typically bcause it's ur fave number..hehe..bkit pko nagtanong? lol..

    ako eversince wala aman talaga akong fave number :DD haha..parang i got used to saying 12 nalang because birthdate ko un, pero nothing special other dan that,..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha oo nga tbak..four dw sounds like death in korea..pati din sa china at japan it is considered an unlucky number...hihi eh paki nila di naman ako singket..haha

    eh ewan ko lng tlga tbak..nung araw n ean napansin ko lng tlgang ung number four is very very kapansin pansin..hehehe..ay lyk ko din ung number 12 pati ung number 16 ^^

    pero die hard 4 parin love ko >.<

    ReplyDelete